Can't find it, Here? Try our New Search Bar designed to search Only those sites which might just have what you are looking for.
Custom Search

Friday, May 30, 2008

Comic actor Harvey Korman dies at 81

The Comic Book Listings Blog is sad to announce;

Comic actor Harvey Korman dies at 81

Harvey Korman, the tall, versatile comedian who won four Emmys for his outrageously funny contributions to "The Carol Burnett Show" and played a conniving politician to hilarious effect in "Blazing Saddles," died Thursday. He was 81.

Korman died at UCLA Medical Center after suffering complications from the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm four months ago, his family said. He had undergone several major operations.

"He was a brilliant comedian and a brilliant father," daughter Kate Korman said. "He had a very good sense of humor in real life. "


read CNN obit | digg story

---
This is especially sad for me because I do in fact remember first seeing Harvey Korman on the Danny Kay Show. (And that, was a long time ago.) I loved watching Harvey any and every chance I got because, I knew Harvey would make me laugh.

His appearance on the Carol Burnett Show was as much a part of that show, as Carol Burnett.

I bet Carol is taking it hard.

I hope she is ok.

.
Related:
---

2 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

I LOVED him on Carol Burnett. I'm surprised I'm just hearing about this now. Where was I?

Comic Book Listings said...

If I were to judge by the extraordinary success of your blog(s) (The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr), I would say you were, "busy". <:)

I use to love watching Harvey "crack-up", while at the same time trying to maintain his composure. I mean, Harvey was a serious actor/comedian. But all Tim Conway had to do was walk out on stage, and Harvey would would just lose it. :D

A terribly sad loss. RIP, Harvey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Womanthology Project!

Thor on eBay! (Category:Collectibles)

Comic Megastore on eBay

Iron Man #1 (Category: Comics )